- Replication is now available for RealTime indexes and works in the same way as for percolate indexes.
- Now INSERT / REPLACE / DELETE and UPDATE statements can be used on replicated RT indexes. ALTER and ATTACH statements support will be added in future releases and OPTIMIZE only perform the optimization locally.
- Replication now supports multiple statement transactions, previously only single statement commits were available.
- Introduced a new morphology processor based on open-source ICU library. Currently only Chinese is supported. The Chinese ICU processor is replacing the non-open source RLP processor.
- We made internal refactoring on waking up of threads responsible for different jobs (like flushing). The new changes should result in lower idle CPU usage.
- New directive ‘icu_data_dir’ is available for specifying the ICU files when ICU is manually compiled.
- Introduced LAST_INSERT_ID() function that returns the last modified document id in current session. Alternative, variable @@session.last_insert_id can also return the last modified document id.
- SHOW VARIABLES statement support
- For percolate indexes, INSERT can now accept multiple stored query documents, before INSERT accepted only one stored query document per statement.
- Configuration directives that express time can accept string time expressions. For example
rt_flush_period = 3600can be rewritten as
rt_flush_period = 60mor
rt_flush_period = 1h.
- Doc and hit lists can be mlocked by access_doclists and access_hitlists directives using new ‘mlock’ value.
- Snippet paths are now jailed inside the scope of snippets_file_prefix even if paths are relative.
- Support for RLP processor dropped. All rlp_* configuration directives removed.
- UPDATE statements don’t support anymore updating the value of document IDs.
A number of fixes are included in this release, to highlight a few:
- 58dcbb77 fixes #246 undefined sigmask in indexer
- 44757711 fixes hash of clusters lock in replication
- f0472223 fix defects in concat and group_concat
For a full report please consult the Release note.