We are pleased to announce the release of Manticore Search 2.7.0 GA.
This version introduce reworks to several internal components, which were needed to both modernize the code and flows. These changes are transparent and there is no requirement for upgrading from older versions or from Sphinx 2.x.
To address the performance impact of Spectre and Meltdown patches the number of syscalls has been reduced where possible.
The management of local indexes has been reworked. We switched away from RW lock mechanisms to a mode where indexes are independent of query threads. This means rotations are not blocked anymore by running queries or incoming queries are not stalled by a rotation in progress.
Configuration reloads now take full effect. For example in previous versions a reconfigured index required a daemon restart.
Connections to remote nodes are fully independent. The proto has been improvement as now the handshake and data (query) are sent in a single packet (previously handshake was sent first). This should improve latencies and reduce data traffic between nodes. The proto changes work with remote nodes using older versions.
TCP Fast Open can be used between master and nodes if it’s enabled system wide.
Client polling until now it was using epoll/kqueue and would fallback to poll/select if the first were not available. poll/select mode have been completely dropped, which means Manticore doesn’t support kernels without epoll support( epoll was added in 2012 in 2.5.44). On Windows platform we switched from wsapoll to I/O completion ports.
New features and improvements
- Percolate Queries filters can contain expressions and can be used with JSON and string attributes. A new option
docs_idcan be used to specify document id used at result set.
SHOW STATUSnow includes daemon version as well as the
- Distributed indexes can work with FEDERATED.
- Added dummy SHOW NAMES COLLATE and SET wait_timeout for better compatibility with ProxySQL.
Tcan be used in config file for variables expressing data sizes.
- Host weights calculated in HA weighted strategies are now expressed as float percents (0..99.99) instead of uint16 (0..65535).
- Starting with this version we no longer offer a build for Debian Wheezy.
- A number of bugs have been fixed in this release, for a full report please consult the Release note.