The year is coming to an end and it's time to recap what's happened with Manticore in 2019. Here's what we will remember 2019 for:
Major new features:
- Percolate queries have been improved a lot and became production-ready. Our clients have been successfully using the new index type in productions for already more than a year
- Replication for PQ and RT indexes. No more shell scripts and rsyncs with sporadic failures and high replication latency. The replication is now built-in and synchronous
- In May Manticore Search v3 was released with a new improved index format better suited to large indexes, new kill-lists mode and higher performance
- Documents storage. No more need to waste RAM to store your original document texts.
- Auto-id. Generating an id for RT on application's side is in the past. When you don't have it - just omit it and Manticore will generate it automatically. It's extremely important in cases when Manticore is used as the only documents storage, e.g. in case of log management
- In 2019 we've started an official YUM repo
- And an official Homebrew formulae for MacOS users
- We also started building for Centos 8
- SSL support was added for our HTTP JSON interface. You can now connect to Manticore Search via HTTPS
More than 20 interactive courses were published on https://play.manticoresearch.com . That's a unique opportunity to learn Manticore Search most important features right in your browser in just minutes with no need to prepare configuration and other things on your side. You don't even need to read the documentation. We believe it's the best way to learn Manticore for those who just start.
The general idea was to make things simpler, so:
- instead of maintaining a huge charset_table array in most caes you can write just "charset_table=non_cjk"
- if you deal with Chinese data you can additionally add "charset_table=cjk" and "morphology=icu_chinese" and Chinese texts that normally do not have spaces will be tokenized properly
- stopwords are now built-in for 50 languages. For English just add "stopwords=en" and you'll be fine
- HIGHLIGHT() which makes highlighting as easy as "select highlight() from index where match('your query')"
- CONCAT() to concatenate any number of strings
- LAST_INSERT_ID() - an addition to the Auto-id feature which is important when you need to know the id which was just auto generated
New clients and plugins
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
We wish your 2020 to be amazing! We'll do our best to continue with Manticore Search development and support.
Manticore Software team