Storage for full-text fields. It is now possible not only to index texts but also store them and retrieve their content in results.
Document storage can be enabled with index directive stored_fields by providing a list of full-text fields that should be stored.
By default storage compress the content saved on the disk. Fine-tuning of the compression can be done with new directives docstore_block_size, docstore_compression, and docstore_compression_level. Another fine-tuning setting is docstore_cache_size, which declares the size of the memory cache used when reading and unpacking the stored content.
As this is an experimental feature, there are currently several known issues:
- retrieving results from an index with docstore experience a performance hit compared with results from the same index without docstore. In the case of remote distributed indexes, there is a high impact on network traffic, CPU and memory on master and low performance.
- for distributed indexes explicit SELECT must be used – SELECT id, field1, field2 etc.
These issues will be addressed in future releases.
Improvements and changes
HTTP API SSL feature has been improved, both in the performance and support of different algorithms.
Non-cjk built-in charset table improved.
Disabled logging for UPDATE and DELETE statements a SELECT entry in the query log.
Starting with this release, official packages for RHEL / CentOS 8 are provided. The packages can be downloaded from GitHub or installed using our official yum repository.
A number of bugs have been fixed in this release, to name a few:
- 6b8c4242 fix #194 PQ to work with morphology and stemmers
- 46c1cad8 fix #269 LIMIT N OFFSET M
- 174d3129 fix RT retired segments management
- 8ca78c13 fix wrong index after event removed at netloop at windows\poll
For full changelog please consult the release notes.