We are pleased to announce the release of Manticore Search 2.7.3 GA.
Prebuilt packages available for Debian,Ubuntu, Red Hat/CentOS, Windows and OSX can be downloaded from here.
- CALL KEYWORDS result set can be sorted by docs/hits using sort_mode option.
- DEBUG command can initiate a SIGEGV action (crash on demand) with 'crash <password>' subcommand when used on VIP connections. In addition, 'malloc_stats' subcommand can dump malloc information in searchd.log and malloc_trim can perform a malloc_trim() operation.
- If GDB is present in the system, a more complete backtrace is logged. GDB is not a requirement for reporting issues. However in case a reported issue can't be reproduced by the development team, backtraces that use gdb can provide more insights.
An important issue was related to increase of RSS memory over time in certain conditions when the default malloc was used. Several fixes (leaks and small refactors) address this issue and RSS should now be stable over time. Beside, a new round of memory leaks got fixed.
Several bug fixes were related to Percolate Queries feature. We're glad to see our users are starting using this in production.
In total this release contains a record number of about 40 memory leaks, bugs and crashes fixed.
For a full report please consult the Release note.
Ongoing major features we are working on include:
- Replication for PQ which will later be a base for other types indexes replication
- PQ distributed indexes to make it easier to scale stream filtering horizontally
- New index format which will provide much higher performance for some use cases. An index converter will also be available
If you're interested for private beta testing before the stable public beta, please let us know.