Open source text search engine for big data and stream filtering
- Filtering multi-language user generated data streams in real time
- Indexing and searching over hundreds of terabytes of data
- Search results grouping and faceting
- High-quality search results ranking following best industry practices
- Backend for search UI (eg. “Did you mean”, search phrase autocompletion, spelling correction etc.)
To improve the relevance of our customers’ results we use Manticore Search as our data indexing solution, and Manticore Percolate Queries for real-time filtering of data in transit. read more
We’ve chosen this product because of the high performance compared to alternatives, the ability to expand the functionality with help of udf-functions and the availability of SQL-like query language.read more
- We contacted Manticore’s free support on Slack with questions related to migrating form Sphinx search.In 30 minutes we had the first reply, and a few days later our issue was resolved, and we now using Manticore search to perform over 5 billion queries every day. read more
We opted to migrate to Manticore instead of upgrading Sphinx since Manticore is open source and better supported. We’re very happy with our decision. read more
We were using Sphinx but lately was crashing quite often and as a result making our homepage completely broken … We now only have some quick performance drops, instead of a continuous failure read more
Trang Ho & Gilles Bedel
Manticore Search is an open-source search engine that was born in 2017 as a continuation of the famous Sphinx Search engine. We took all the best from that, significantly improved its functionality, fixed hundreds of bugs, and rewrote it almost completely internally. And left it all open-sourced! That’s what makes Manticore Search a modern, fast and light-weight full-featured search engine.
We have designed and developed Manticore to provide you with multi-functional relevant search capabilities with high performance and low resource consumption and importantly easily integrable. It doesn’t matter what environment you are using, whether it’s Windows, Linux, MacOS or Docker, you can always use Manticore Search and connect to it from different programming languages or HTTP via JSON or even using MySQL client.
Driven by the industry’s high standards and our clients’ needs, we made Manticore easily scalable, so no matter what kind of tasks you need to solve, search on a site or building multilingual directory with petabyte data coming from different sources, all this you can do with our open-source search engine.